Hi thoughts I'd give you a hand. Posted your questions on Facebook where all the devs are. Here's an answer from one of them Andrea Micheel:
1) The ROA counts against targets within 12", so no.
2) This question will pop up in every game and will NEVER be solved by anyone I guess. Really: choose any method (weapon, head) and use it throughout the game consistently.
3) Fumble should not happen during armour tests or tests taken instead of an armour test.
4) if model 1 is dead, you can continue your attacks against model #2
5) it doesnt really matter as you can use it against the same target only anyway. So if the target still lives after shooting with weapon #2, continue, otherwise you just saved yourself some dice rolls
6) well, any singular infiltrator needs to be "within" any terrain piece, so has to be fully in it. You can spread your squad between multiple terrain pieces though.
7) yes, free pivot for normal models
8) set the cards aside and return them to play or remove them once its clear what happens to NCE
9) same answer as above. Against 1 target, so it really doesnt matter. If would matter only if a model had multiple template weapon
I've read the rules, had a practice game and a few questions came up:
1. Short-Ranged Burst: do I have to allocate all of the weapon's RoA to targets within 12" to get the Short-Ranged Burst RoA bonus? For example I have (basic or from a resource) RoA 2, 1 shot is at a model within 12" the second shot is at a model 13" away - do I get the 3rd RoA from Short-Ranged Burst?
2. From which point of the shooting model(or its facing screen to be precise) should I measure if the target is in cover or not? For example the target would be in cover if measured from the middle, but would be below 25% of cover if measured from the top of the facing screen/shooting model. Can the shooting model choose the most adcvantageous perspective?
3. Fumble - does it occur for saving rolls using Con or Wp instead of Amrour Value? Fumble description mentions only armour value tests as immune but it seems logical that WP/Con saving rolls should be treated the same.
4. Paired Weapons in CC - do I have to allocate both weapons' entire RoA to one model or is there more flexibility? Can I use the second weapon if I kill the targeted model with the 1st weapon? For example: weaponX has RoA 2- can I allocate these attacks to 2 different models? Then, paired weapon Y also has RoA 2 - can I allocate any attacks to different models than weaponX?
5. Paired weapons in ranged combat - are thay used one after another or simultaneously (I assume the former as - contrary to Torrent of Fire rule - the word simultaneously isn't used). Questions about multiple RoA and multiple targets asked in CC part are also valid for ranged paired weapons.
6. Infiltrators - can the same unit be deployed in more than 1 terrain piece (but still in coherency of course)?
7. Pivoting during walk/run/charge actions for non-vehicle models - seems pretty obvious, just wanted to confirm that I can freely pivot during these actions.
8. What happens to resource cards if Cybertronic 732-R4-NCE is the army commander, gets killed and then comes back by Backup Systems? Same solution as for Ilina's Undying/Regeneration rule?
9. Cybertronic Scorpion's Avalanche ability - should the weapons be used one after another or simultaneously (I assume the former as - contrary to Torrent of Fire rule - the word simultaneously isn't used, and the 1.6 description clearly made them used one after another)
I'd appreciate if one of the authors of the current rules spared a few minutes to answer these questions. Don't get me wropng - in general I like the new rules, they are an improvement over the previous ones, but it's inevitable that some rules need clarification.